- Maintains a flexible timetabling approach to make space for true depth of study.
- Establishes cross-curricular links to foster a greater breadth of understanding
- Is enquiry-based and involves the children in the planning and giving them choice in the direction the learning takes.
- Ensures pupils develop resilience by adopting a ‘Growth Mindset’ approach.
- Embeds children’s Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development alongside promoting British Values throughout every subject area.
Questions for activities and assessment are layered in 3 levels (based upon Bloom’s Taxonomy): Basic, Advancing and Mastering (B.A.M.) to ensure appropriately pitched challenge for all pupils.