Franche Primary Remote Learning Offer
Above all else, our remote learning provision is to ensure that children continue to love learning and they are excited to learn. The ‘remote curriculum’ is the broad term encompassing any learning that happens outside of the classroom, with the teacher not present in the same location as the children.
The way in which our remote curriculum is delivered depends upon what content is being delivered and the age and stage of the children:
- Online learning where the curriculum is delivered via technology such as Class Dojo, google classroom or google meet. This can include ‘live’ lessons as well as pre-recorded videos and/or resources to support children’s learning to complete either online or in a paper-based exercise book at home.
- Work packs for Foundation Stage and younger pupils.
- Sign posting families to external apps and websites that would further support engagement in remote learning.
In the event of first one or two days of a school closure, the following learning should be accessed:
- Spelling: Practise your spellings on Spelling Shed www.spellingshed.co.uk
- English: Access the Oak National Academy English lessons:
- Early Years: https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/bat-learns-to-dance-8ce1
- KS1 - https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/discussion-should-animals-be-kept-in-zoos-0b84
- KS2 - https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/into-the-forest-by-anthony-browne-91e8
From the third day of school closure, a ‘blended’ approach that will combine all elements of the following will be emailed to parents via Parentmail each day:
- A daily Maths, Writing, phonics (Rec and Year 1) or Guided Reading (Years 2-6) video lesson.
- Follow up work will be emailed to parents - this work will be a follow up activity that will both embed and extend the learning that takes place during the live session.
- Wider Curriculum ‘Topic’ learning - this will take place through website links, activities and sessions signposted by your class teacher via email. This will again range in length from shorter activities for the youngest through to more complex activities for the oldest.
- There is an expectation that ALL children will read for at least 15 minutes a day for the youngest, through to 30 minutes a day for the oldest.
- A weekly class Zoom meeting where your child will be interacting with their class teacher and peers. An invite will be sent to you by your child's class teacher to ensure that only children form the class can access it. Separate guidance on this will be sent home.
- A weekly whole school assembly video.
Support with technology
The school has access to a limited number of laptops - please get in touch with the school if this would help with remote learning. Please never be afraid to contact the school or your child's class teacher if you are finding any aspect of home learning difficult or need support with any aspect of it.
Engagement and Feedback
Children are expected to engage with remote learning sessions, join class Zoom meetings and complete the work set. We follow up remote absences in the same way, in line with school policy on absence and attendance. Children can contact their teachers via year band email addresses, if further support is needed.
If a child is not engaging in remote learning the class teacher will contact parents via Parentmail or a phone call. If it continues the teacher will forward concerns to their year band or phase leader. If a lack of engagement continues then this will be escalated to the Head Teacher and Family Support Worker to see what else the school can do to support their learning and encourage engagement. If your child is struggling to access the learning materials online, please contact your child’s class teacher via the year band email address.
Even though the children are at home in during an enforced absence, we still have a duty of care to check on their welfare throughout this time. Please note we will be doing a weekly check up call or email to see how things are going - please be aware we are here to support you too.